Dir, Drug Development Project Management
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Drug Development Project Management will manage assigned project (s), including program’s strategic direction, integrated project plan, alliance management, cross-functional deliverables as required by the International Project Team. This role requires interaction with, and management of, internal cross-functional team members, business partners, and contractors.
- Oversees the development of compounds from candidate selection to NDA/MAA filing for the assigned project (s) in the Neurology Business Group, in accordance with agreed to development plans and corporate objectives.
- Advanced understanding of clinical research and the clinical drug development process
- Advanced understanding of the Neurology therapeutic area
- Advanced understanding of the drug development plans, preclinical toxicology, toxicology, CMC, regulatory and other development requirements as they relate to efficient execution of the development plans.
- Advanced understanding of clinical trial management, including general understanding of all specialized support functions.
- Budget management
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and engage in creative problem solving to manage global projects.
- Pro-actively identify, analyze and resolve project issues to ensure project milestones are met and projects are completed, with quality, on time and within budget.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills (works well with all levels of staff in a professional manner)
- History of working in complex team environments with numerous and diverse key stakeholders in multiple regions
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is desirable (MS or PhD). PMP is desirable.
- Minimum of 12+ years’ experience in clinical project management; deploying project management methods; influencing work processes that span across departments and geographic boundaries.
- Effective leadership and participation in global initiatives.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: